Thursday, April 16, 2009

I tend to believe in people.

i am going through a weird week. I am home in New Jersey and i have mostly just chilled. I haven't really done everything of value. I guess that is wha a break is though. Anyway, i have done some thinking and i started to ask myself. What is "the real me"? People us that phrase all the time but what upsets me is what it refers to. It almost always refers to the bad in people. Like, well if you saw the way the real me acts you wouldn't think i was that great. Almost as if we are acting out of character when we are kind/generous/happy or positive. Why is this? What if the real me is that amazing person and when i act outside of myself i am acting mean or cruel. Like, we tell someone they seem confident or fun to be around and they tell us that if we knew the real them and saw all their insecurities or fears, we would want nothing to do with them. What if the rel them is when they are confident. What if somebody else is acting when they are hiding and scared. What if we started to call those times when we act like Jesus( whose image we are made in) what the real us is? seriously what would happen? I am not sure if it would create really overconfident people or just a much happier world. Your thoughts are appreciated.

No comments: