Saturday, January 3, 2009

Going Back To Master's, A break in Hindsight.

I find myself gearing up to return to Gettysburg and i feel an odd way about it. What i mean is that for some reason i cant bring myself to feel anything about it. I just feel totally the same as i have over my whole break. Usually i am excited and ready to roll going out of breaks but i am absolutely nothing about this. I don't foresee it changing either. The last week has kid of flown by and i haven't processed it. So lets see if we can talk through this break a little.

Friday
I got home Friday after the 19th after a workout and packing my stuff up at the deitch house. They have been such an incredible blessing. They called me on Christmas and i realized again how much i deeply appreciate them. I was in a very dark spot before i moved into their house. I didn't really feel like i wanted to keep fighting and stay in ministry at Freedom Valley. I was literally ready to walk out when i called them and then everything changed and i was blessed by this amazing family. It is ashame that the Eagles are playing the vikings, i would like Tim's team (Vikings) to make a much deeper run then getting beat up on in the first round. Two playoff games today, Atlanta Falcons will be playing the Cardinals and the Colts will play the chargers. I think these games will both be blowouts. it think Indy and Atlanta will both roll as wild card visitors. Anyway, after arriving home i spent the night at a friends playing video games and stuff late into the night.

Saturday and Sunday
I repeated the process te next day and actually slept through church because of my bad decisions in terms of sleep. suday afternoon i went to lunch with Kevin and Niki. i forget what happened monday...probably just more video games.

Monday
Monday night i think i went home for the first time though.

Tuesday
then i hung out around the house all day tuesday ...watched wife swap and went to youth group. My friends and i have a tradition of going to applebees on tuesday night after youth group and enjoying 25 cent wings that start at ten. It is amazing i see all of my friends and we relax and talk and catch up and only spend like six bucks for ten wings and soda. It is one of my highlights of being home.

Wednesday and Thursday
i slept in big time on Christmas Eve. After waking up at two i prepared and drove to my sister's house. in Emmaus PA. i spent christmas eve with family and had a wonderful time. Christmas day i went with my sister and brother in law to his family's house. it was a good day of eating and chillin. I went back to my sisters and seont another night with them.

Friday
It was now friday. I was a week into break. I drove home to New Jersey. Friday night i went to the mall and brought a new pair of shoes that i am excited about.

Saturday
i chilled on saturday i think for most of the day.

Sunday
i went to church on sunday and watched football all day. .

Monday
monday i spent the whole day reading Angels and Demons...great book...recommended by Sara Fitch.

Tuesday
Tuesday i played football at noon and i got super sick. i had a twenty four hour bug and it was awful. I went to a friends birthday party that night and stayed the night.

Wednesday
i felt better the next morning chilled most of the day and did New Years Eve at a friend of mine's and mostly at KEvin and Niki's. I stayed at home that night.

Thursday
Thursday i learned some verses for my fifty verse and worte my sermon for tommorrow. Thursday night i just chilled at Seans and watched Eagle Eye.

Friday
I played football on friday. I had a diving catch...i kinda felt like a superstar. Friday night i went to Kevin and Niki's and played Seinfeld Scene It and then went toSeans to close out my break the same way it started.

Today
It is now Saturday morning and that blog helped me so much. i now feel like my break has closure. in closing i know was this break has done for me. it has regeared me and i feel prepared to run to the finish of my Master's Commission career. I think that is why Christmas break is so good. It allows you to hit the ground running. that is all, have written far too much

1 comment:

Jason Fitch said...

sounds like a good break. Can't wait to see you when you get back.